Eastern Townships Attractions
Choosing Bishop’s means that you will be staying in one of the most beautiful regions in the country. Our campus is nestled between the rolling country hills of the Eastern Townships, the confluence of two rivers and the quaint bilingual borough of Lennoxville (population 5,800). No matter the season, our idyllic setting is serene, yet offers everything you would find in a larger city.
Activities on campus
- Sports centre: weight room and cardio room.
- Outdoor and indoor pools.
- Sports fields: golf, tennis, soccer, football, rugby.
- La Route Verte, access to 225 km of bike paths.
- Astronomical observatory.
Examples of activities less than 20 minutes away from campus
- Capelton Mines
- Uplands Museum
- Miellerie Lune de miel
- Mont-Bellevue Park: largest park in Sherbrooke
- Museum of Nature and Science
- Musée des Beaux-arts de Sherbrooke
- La société d’histoire de Sherbrooke
- Vertige, indoor climbing centre
- Beauvoir Sanctuary
- La Halte des Pèlerins, vineyard
- Kayak in the Blue Corridor
- Le Carrefour de l’Estrie shopping centre, more than 200 stores
- Golden Lion Pub: micro-brewery in the heart of Lennoxville
Examples of activities on the outskirts of Sherbrooke
- Coaticook: a small town located 30 kilometres from campus. The Coaticook Gorge with the world’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge and ice cream factory are not to be missed! Must see: the superb production from Moment factory: Foresta Lumina.
- Granby Zoo, 87 km, 1h10 min.
- Haut bois Normand, Arbre Aventure, Eastman, 52km, 1h15 min.
- Au Diable vert, Vélo-Volant (treetop cycle adventure), Glen Sutton, 88km, 1h15min.
- Bromont water park, 76km, 58min.
- Astrolab du parc National du Mont Mégantic, 73km, 58 min.
- Bleu Lavande (lavender fields), Fitch Bay, Stanstead, 58km, 54 min.
- Saint-Benoît-du-Lac, Abbaye, 55km, 52 min.
- Mount Pinacle, 51km, 48 min.